Here is my much agonized over list of the best historical novels of 2018. Some of the books were not published in 2018, but that is when I read them. My criteria for making the list:
*I read it obsessively.
*I can’t stop thinking about it.
*I can’t stop recommending it.
Whittling down my choices is always a challenge. I only feature the best of the best on the blog, so these are the best of the best of the best. Also, as always, I do an enormous amount of research reading, so I did not get to as many books for pleasure as I would have liked.
Without further ado, and in no particular order (my full reviews are linked to each title):
- I WAS ANASTASIA, by Ariel Lawhon
- WHERE THE WILD CHERRIES GROW, by Laura Madeleine
- THE CLOCKMAKER’S DAUGHTER, by Kate Morton
- LAST CHRISTMAS IN PARIS, by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb
- FROM SAND AND ASH, by Amy Harmon
What were your favorites of 2018?